- Midland Independent School District
- District News Releases
First Round of Apply Midland application window opens Monday
First Round of Apply Midland application window now open
Easy way for families to apply for Schools of Choice or request a transfer
December 4, 2023 — Midland ISD's online application portal, Apply Midland, is now accepting applications for Schools of Choice and transfer requests. The first application window will close Friday, January 26. Families can access Apply Midland via computer or mobile device at midlandisd.net/apply.
At Apply Midland, families can:
- Use the School Finder feature to gather information about every MISD campus.
- Apply for Schools of Choice.
- Submit an Intent to Return form
- Request a transfer.
- Apply for Pre-K for at our partner campuses, including the Pre-K Academy at Midland College, starting in the spring.
Schools of Choice include:
- Magnet campuses (Bowie Fine Arts Academy and Pease Communications and Technology Academy)
- Young Women's Leadership Academy
- Third Future Schools (Lamar Elementary and Sam Houston Collegiate Prep)
- IDEA Travis Academy
- Ben Milam International Academy (dual-language elementary school)
- Early College High School
- Coleman High School
- San Jacinto Junior High (6th grade only)
The application window for G/T (gifted and talented) services, including Carver Center, happens during the month of October. Visit midlandisd.net/gt for more information.
New this year, transfer students or those attending a partnership school who plan to remain at the same campus do not need to file an intent-to-return form, as in previous years. A transfer student is one who has requested and been granted permission to transfer to a neighborhood school outside their attendance zone.
Magnet school (Bowie and Pease) students are required to complete an intent-to-return form, and will receive information from their campus.
Other transfer students who are changing schools (elementary to junior high, junior high to freshman, etc.) and wish to attend a school outside their attendance zone must reapply for the transfer. The same applies to Pre-K/LEAP students who attend a campus outside their attendance zone.
Once all applications have been received, a lottery system will select from the applicant pool and automatically inform parents once school assignments have been made. Families will receive offers from schools in March.
"We are now in our fifth year of a fully online application process, and each year we find new ways to make the process more user-friendly and stress-free for parents," said Student Services Executive Director Melissa Horner, who oversees the process. "Eliminating the need for intent-to-return forms for transfer students will help ease the process for families."
Following the release of initial offers, families who apply during the second application window will receive offers on a rolling basis. For additional information and access to the application, please visit midlandisd.net/apply or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Media Relations Contact:
432-240-1043 | email@example.com