LEAP Employee Pre-K
The LEAP Employee Pre-K program is for children of Midland ISD staff members. Children ages 3-4 years (students must turn 3 or 4 on or before September 1, 2023) are eligible to attend. Each classroom consists of 12 typically developing students whose parents or grandparents work for Midland ISD and approximately 6 to 8 students with special needs.
LOCATIONSLEAP Employee Pre-K classes are offered at Greathouse Elementary, Jones Elementary, and Long Elementary.
PRE-K ELIGIBILITYParents have the opportunity to apply for Pre-K to decrease the tuition to $200. The lower tuition rate will cover before and after care, and the school day would be provided at no charge for qualifying children. The Pre-K application window opens on Monday, April 3.
- Children must turn 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1, 2023.
- The schedule follows the teacher work calendar (all PD days are included).
- Care is offered from 7:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
- $500/ month for children who are not eligible for Pre-K
- $200/ month for children who are eligible for Pre-K
- LEAP Employee Pre-K tuition is paid through Payroll Deduction.
- Deductions begin in August and end in May.
- Siblings of currently enrolled LEAP students (no sibling discounts)
- Children enrolled in Midland ISD childcare programs at Jones ELC and Coleman ELC
- Children and grandchildren of Midland ISD employees
- *Parents/ grandparents must be paid by Midland ISD.
Enrollment for the 2023-2024 school year began on Friday, March 24. Parents who have not yet enrolled may fill out this form to enroll or be added to the waitlist. Email Andrea Messick at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about enrollment.
Director of Early Childhood