CITIZENS' RENAMING COMMITTEE
Welcome to the homepage for the Citizens' Renaming Committee. This committee was formed by the Board of Trustees and was put together with the purpose of recommending a new name for Robert E. Lee High School and Robert E. Lee Freshman High School. The Committee is made up of MISD administration, staff, students, and community members.The new names must fall into one of the following categories:
- Presidents, statespersons, and persons of national fame
- Governors, statespersons, and persons of Texas fame
- National, state and local educators
- Community and civic leaders
- National, state and local symbols or events
The committee will also discuss options for mascots, school colors, other items that will be incorporated into the school's new design.