Preparing for the Next Step
What’s your plan? Junior students are well into planning for college and career. Course options at this level begin to solidify programs of study that lead to five options for graduation endorsements on the foundation high school plan. Students in grade 11 may be qualified for multiple college level courses offered at the high school. Students may even choose to visit college campuses they are considering as they transition towards 2 or 4 year colleges, apprenticeships or training, or even military.
Texas Reality Check- This is a great site to show you how much living expenses are, and how much you will need to earn to pay for them.
Provided by CollegeBoard, Bigfuture will take you from planning for college to planning for a career, and more!
College For All Texans- This site will take you through steps to pay for college as well as how to pay for college.
College Scoreboard- Compare colleges (and much more) now using information provided by the U.S. Department of Education.
Download the Junior Calendar
- College For All Texans – Get the Facts, Plan, Apply
- Generation Texas – Equal Parts Inspiration and Information
- Texas Reality Check – Will You Be Able to Afford the Lifestyle You Want?
- Federal Student Aid
- My Big Future – A Comprehensive Planning Site
- College Scorecard- Compare Colleges with Real-Time Data
- Texas Gear Up – Answer Your Burning College Questions
- Texas Career Check – An Exploration Toolkit for Students
- Launch My Career TX – Find Programs of Study that Lead to Well Paying Jobs
- Future Ready Texas –On a Mission to Help 9-12 Students/Parents be Prepared by Graduation Time
- Career One Stop – Your Source for Career Exploration, Training and Jobs
- Texas Crews – An Interactive Site to Compare Texas Post-Secondary
- College Week Live – Can’t Make it to a College in Person? Try College Week Live