Preparing for the Next StepWhat’s your plan? Sophomore students have already started planning for college and career. Course options at this level expand to programs of study that lead to five options for graduation endorsements on the foundation high school plan. Students in grade 10 will begin to plan for the transition towards 2 or 4 year colleges, apprenticeships or training, or even military.
Texas Gear Up - Interactive tools and videos on preparing to be a good student and applying for college.
Texas Internship Challenge- Apply now for internships (Yes! In high school!)
Future Ready Texas- Be "prepared and ready for college or career".
Download the Sophomore Calendar
- College For All Texans – Get the Facts, Plan, Apply
- Generation Texas – Equal Parts Inspiration and Information
- Texas Reality Check – Will You Be Able to Afford the Lifestyle You Want?
- Federal Student Aid
- My Big Future – A Comprehensive Planning Site
- College Scorecard- Compare Colleges with Real-Time Data
- Texas Gear Up – Answer Your Burning College Questions
- Texas Career Check – An Exploration Toolkit for Students
- Launch My Career TX – Find Programs of Study that Lead to Well Paying Jobs
- Future Ready Texas –On a Mission to Help 9-12 Students/Parents be Prepared by Graduation Time
- Career One Stop – Your Source for Career Exploration, Training and Jobs
- Texas Crews – An Interactive Site to Compare Texas Post-Secondary