Preparing for the Next Step
What’s your plan? Students in grade 9 are now in high school! Freshmen students have already started planning for college and career. Course options at this level are in programs of study that begin to lead to graduation endorsements geared towards 2 or 4 year colleges, apprenticeships or training, or even military. Courses taken in the 9th grade may often lead to more than one endorsement.
Launch My Career- Cut through the confusion and find the pathway and career for you.
GenTx- A great collection of resources to help high school students prepare for college.
Download the Freshman Calendar
- College For All Texans – Get the Facts, Plan, Apply
- Generation Texas – Equal Parts Inspiration and Information
- Texas Reality Check – Will You Be Able to Afford the Lifestyle You Want?
- Federal Student Aid
- My Big Future – A Comprehensive Planning Site
- College Scorecard- Compare Colleges with Real-Time Data
- Texas Gear Up – Answer Your Burning College Questions
- Texas Career Check – An Exploration Toolkit for Students
- Launch My Career TX – Find Programs of Study that Lead to Well Paying Jobs
- Future Ready Texas –On a Mission to Help 9-12 Students/Parents be Prepared by Graduation Time
- Career One Stop – Your Source for Career Exploration, Training and Jobs
- Texas Crews – An Interactive Site to Compare Texas Post-Secondary
- Explore the 16 Career Clusters that Lead to High School Endorsements and Graduation