Preparing for the Next Step
What’s your plan? It is not too early to begin planning for college and career. Students in grade 8 will explore career options and begin to plan for course options in programs of study that begin in the 9th grade. These courses of study will lead to graduation endorsements geared towards 2 or 4 year colleges, apprenticeships or training, or even military.
Suggested Resources - These websites are packed with helpful features.Graduation Toolkit - Learn about high school graduation requirements.High School Endorsements and Career Paths
"Middle Galaxy lets students explore a wide range of career possibilities, and the underlying knowledge and skills required for those professions, through play-based learning."
Middle Galaxy- Frequently Asked Questions
Middle Galaxy- Help
Go to the Career Assessment Career Guidance Tool, from Texas Genuine
8th Grade Calendar
- College For All Texans – Get the Facts, Plan, Apply
- Generation Texas – Equal Parts Inspiration and Information
- Texas Reality Check – Will You Be Able to Afford the Lifestyle You Want?
- My Big Future – A Comprehensive Planning Site
- College Scorecard- Compare Colleges with Real-Time Data
- Texas Gear Up – Answer Your Burning College Questions
- Texas Career Check – An Exploration Toolkit for Students
- Launch My Career TX – Find Programs of Study that Lead to Well Paying Jobs
- Future Ready Texas –On a Mission to Help 9-12 Students/Parents be Prepared by Graduation Time
- Career One Stop – Your Source for Career Exploration, Training and Jobs
- Texas Crews – An Interactive Site to Compare Texas Post-Secondary
- Explore the 16 Career Clusters that Lead to High School Endorsements and Graduation