The Midland Education Foundation exists to promote excellence in education by generating and distributing additional resources for the benefit of MISD students and employees. As a rapid response tool to facilitate classroom needs for education, the Foundation is pleased to continue this program for micro grants of up to $1,000 to classroom teachers.We also offer grants for larger amounts with a broader scope using the Grants for Great Ideas application that is open in the early spring semester.Teachers may apply for a Micro Grant to address these classroom needs:
- Classroom supplies and equipment
- Food for instructional purposes
- Books for classroom libraries
- Magazine subscriptions
- On-line subscriptions for educational learning sites
- Other innovative ideas will be considered
Please note: Micro Grants cannot be requested for student incentives. MISD teachers may apply once per semester (Fall and Spring.) If you are a club sponsor seeking grant support, please apply for a Grant for Great Idea.
Steps to apply for a Micro Grant:
- Please create an account using our new grant application on the Smarter Select platform: Micro Grant application
- There are a limited number of Micro Grants each month. Once we have reached capacity, you will be in the queue for an upcoming month to make a pitch presentation.
- Note: part of the application requires approval from your campus principal. They must complete the recommendation for your application to be complete.
- Upon successful completion of the application, teachers may be invited to pitch their idea to the Grants Committee of the Education Foundation. We will contact you with an exact time and location.
Thank you to our Micro Grant sponsors! Your support of local MISD classroom teachers makes this grant possible!