High Quality Instructional Materials
TEA provides districts and educators with direct access to an optional set of high-quality instructional materials (HQIM) designed especially for Texas.
High Quality Instructional Materials (HQIM) are resources that:
- Ensure full coverage of Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS).
- Are aligned to evidence-based best practices in the relevant content area
- Support all learners, including students with disabilities, English Learners, and students identified as gifted and talented
- Enables frequent progress monitoring through embedded and aligned assessments
- Includes implementation supports for teachers
- teacher and student-facing lesson-level materials
Prior to publication, these materials go through a rigorous third-party review. Review criteria include TEKS alignment, support for all learners, progress monitoring, implementation supports, and more. HQIM are also reviewed by a focus group of Texas educators.