"New to MIDLAND and TEXAS" STUDENTS
New to Midland Area and NOT a GT Transfer
If you are moving from a state or country that your child did not have the opportunity to qualify in, we will contact the previous district to verify that information. If you are moving from a private school, the state policy for your state will be used to determine eligibility for testing. Texas requires GT screening opportunities to begin in kindergarten for public schools.
If you are transferring from a Texas school and your child is not a GT transfer, you will need to nominate your child during the general nomination period. Students who enroll in a Midland ISD campus from another school district in 2023 - 2024 and who are not G/T Transfers will need to submit an application when the GT application window is announced and opened by the District (October 1 - 31). Watch for announcements through the District.
Parents must provide the following documents or a contact from the transferring district who can provide them :
- Documentation of attending any school located in Texas.
- Copies of test scores from nationally normed standardized tests that were administered at school.
- Test scores from state accountability tests.
- Copies of the most recently completed semester, if applicable.
Please fill out the New to Midland Form and we will be in touch with next steps.
The following link must be completed during the previously stated timeframe: Click here to complete the 2023-24 G/T Transfer/New to Midland Application
- Elementary services (grades 1-6) are provided at Carver Center.
- Secondary services are available at each secondary campus (grades 7-12).