Off-Campus Physical Education (OCPE)
The purpose of the Off-Campus PE Program is to accommodate students who are making a serious effort to develop high abilities and to allow them to be involved in a program that provides training exceeding or replacing what is offered in the school district.
- Off-campus physical education programs will be approved on an individual basis for those students who are recommended by qualified instructors.
- Only students in grades 7-12 will be eligible for consideration for OCPE.
- The district will offer two categories of participation: Category I and Category II.
- Category I (Olympic-level participation)
- Category II (Private/Commercial level)
- Please see the application for the full requirements.
- In order for the application to be considered, it must be turned in to Kristi Seybert at Central Office (607A) 2 weeks prior to the 1st day of the fall or spring semester (see the MISD calendar for dates).
- There will be no exceptions for late or incomplete applications.
- It is suggested that parents and students start this process at least 4 weeks before the start of the semester in order to meet all of the documentation and scheduling requirements.
- Agencies must reapply each year and must also go through the background check process each year.
- There is a non-refundable fee for any student in OCPE: $100 per year (or $50 per semester); pay by cash or check only when submitting the completed application.
Please read through all of the details, expectations, requirements and processes in the application.
This is the required MISD 2023-2024 Off-Campus PE Grading Sheet.
This grading sheet is to be filled out by the approved agency instructor, and to be submitted (in person) to the student's counselor's office on the Monday prior to the end of the grading period. This allows the appropriate time to post the grade on the student's report card (see the MISD calendar for grade reporting deadlines).
*Please make copies of this form for each grade reporting period. Failure to receive grade sheets in a timely manner may result in the denial of the Off Campus PE Waiver.