In accordance with Texas Education Code (TEC), §28.0256, beginning with students enrolled in 12th grade during the 2021-2022 school year, each student must do one of the following in order to graduate:
- Complete and submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA);
- Complete and submit a Texas Application for State Financial Aid (TASFA); or
- Submit a signed opt-out form.
A student may opt-out of the financial aid application graduation requirement if:
- a parent or guardian submits a signed form;
- the student is 18 years of age or older and submits a signed form; or
- a school counselor authorizes the student to decline to complete and submit the application for good cause.