SCHOOL BUS SAFETY
Many families rely on the school bus to get their child to school safely and on-time. If MISD is offering On-Campus Instruction, bus transportation will be offered. The following processes will be followed to ensure cleanliness and sanitation measures are in place for safe transportation of students:
- Students will have their temperature checked before entering the bus every day. If a temperature above 100.3 is registered, they will not be permitted to ride the bus and a parent will be contacted.
- Thoroughly disinfect of all interior surfaces of buses and other transportation vehicles that could be touched by students and staff using an EPA-approved disinfectant for COVID-19.
- Buses and other vehicles that have been sitting should be thoroughly ventilated by opening windows and doors for the amount of time it takes for at least one complete air exchange.
- Specify seating on buses to maintain social distancing, if possible.
- Onloading and offloading of students from buses shall be done to maintain social distancing such as filling bus from rear to front and offloading from front to rear.