SAFETY AND SECURITY COMMITTEEPurpose
The Midland Independent School District Safety and Security Committee participates on behalf of the district in developing and implementing emergency plans consistent with the district multi-hazard EOP required by Chapter 37.108(a) and to ensure that the plans reflect specific campus, facility, or support service needs.Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in the development and implementation of emergency operations plans consistent with the requirements of TEC 37.108 (a).
- Provide the district with campus, facility, or support services information required as part of the safety and security audits or other report required to be submitted to the Texas School Safety Center (TxSSC).
- Periodically provide recommendations to the district's board of trustees and district administrators regarding updating the district multi-hazard emergency operations plan in accordance with best practices identified by the agency, the Texas School Safety Center, or a person included in the registry.
- Consult with local law enforcement agencies on methods to increase law enforcement presence near district campuses.
- Communicate the importance of safety and security and promote those efforts throughout the school and district.