Here are some fun and easy ideas/ways to practice spelling words
1. Cut letters out of old magazines/newspapers to make spelling words.
2. Make spelling words out of playdoh.
3. Spread shaving cream on a cookie sheet and spell out words or in a gallon zip lock bag (less messy).
4. create and play a matching game with spelling words.
5. Write spelling words with white crayon and watercolor over it.
6. Use sidewalk chalk and write words on your driveway
7. Form spelling words out of garden wood chips or pebbles.
8. Draw a picture and hide spelling words in it.
9. Use markers to rainbow write words.
SPELLINIG LISTS FOR PRACTICE BY GRADE LEVELS:
Click on BLUE UNDERLINED Links
KINDER-1ST GRADE RESOURCES
- ThE resource above containts High Frequency Words for Kinder, 1st and 2nd. The goal is that students can:
INDENTIFY the word
READ the word
SPELL the word
2ND GRADE RESOURCES
3RD GRADE RESOURCES
4TH-6TH GRADE RESOURCES
Orange Theory Fitness posted this ALPHABET WORKOUT. Students can practice spelling with these movements. We suggest that the number of each workout (per letter) equals the student's age. ENHANCE THIS with a DICE: Roll the dice for each letter to determine number of movements for each letter to spell the word.