Important information about COVID-19
MISD Central Office is closed as of March 23. Campuses will be closed through at least April 3.
Need internet? In response to COVID-19, some internet providers are offering free services to families with school-aged children. Click here for details and a full list of options.
MISD is following guidance from the CDC, Texas DSHS and Midland Health Department in guidance regarding school closures.
Parents and Staff, please check back to this page regularly, as we will provide updates regarding our response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Check emails regularly to receive updated information as it becomes available.
The CDC has expanded Level 3 Health Travel Alerts to include the United Kingdom and Ireland, as well as anyone who has recently taken a cruise. If you or an immediate family member has traveled to these or any other countries included in the CDC guidelines, you are asked to self-quarantine for 14 days.
Symptoms of COVID-19 may include a fever of more than 100 degrees, cough, and/or difficulty breathing. If you or someone in your family shows these symptoms, contact your doctor or heathcare provider immediately.
March 21, 2020 Letter to Parents (Spanish, Hakka Chin)
March 19, 2020 Letter to Parents (Spanish, Hakka Chin)
March 16, 2020 Letter to Parents (Spanish)
March 14, 2020 Letter to Parents (Spanish)
March 13, 2020 Letter to Parents (Spanish)
February 27, 2020 Letter to Parents (Spanish)
What is MISD doing to help?
- MISD communicates daily with the local health department and Texas Department of Health and Human Services to ensure we follow the most up-to-date guidance for prevention.
- MISD follows local and national health official expertise to prevent the spread of communicable diseases, incluing COVID-19.
- MISD works with community partners to monitor trends and make decisions to protect our students, staff and community.
- MISD follows CDC recommendations for cleaning and disinfecting, frequently touched hard surfaces are disinfected daily.
- MISD staff members model good cough and cold hygiene, including hand-washing and other prevention measures recommended by health officials.