WHAT IS THE TSI??
The Texas Success Initiative Assessment, better known as the TSI test, is a program which determines the appropriate level of college course work for an incoming student. The TSI test consists of three separate exams: Mathematics, Reading, and Writing.
Although there are several criteria which exempt a student from the need for this program, many incoming college students in Texas will be required to take them. Other than the essay portion, the exams themselves are multiple choice and computer adaptive, as questions increase or decrease in difficulty based upon previous answers.
Successful scoring on the TSI proves your readiness for college-level course work and will save you substantial time and money by allowing you to avoid remedial classes. Our free Mometrix Academy video tutorials will assist your review for the TSI test, and will help you achieve success on test day.
TSI Testing for Midland High School will be the following:
TSI is not available right now, due a system crash. Further information will be available when the school reopens
For TSI Testing, the areas you can test are Reading, Writing, and Math.
The cost is 3 tests for $25.00
The preassessment must be completed. The instructions are:
1. Go to www.midlandisd.net
2. Click on Departments
3. Click Assessments
4. Go to the last link Texas Success Initiative. Once you click, you will see the following STEPS TO TAKE THE TSIA. Click the HERE Button Below:
Steps to take the TSIA:
- Speak to your counselor to see if you need to take the TSIA. Get your campus TSIA schedule from the Counseling office.
- Sign up and pay for the TSIA. To take all 3 sections (reading, writing, and math), the fee is $25.00. Each individual test costs $10.00 each. Keep your receipt.
- Take the pre-assessment. This is mandatory. Please click HERE to take the MISD PreAssessment. You will receive a certificate of completion via email when you have finished.
- Take your receipt of payment, a photo id, and your preassessment completion certificate to your campus's testing room on the day of the test
After taking Preassessment, take a picture or print to give to the CCMR Coordiantor, Nichole Williams-Agbelusi.