Resources related to the 2019 State Accountability System established by House Bill (HB) 22 will be posted here as they are released.
The 85th Texas Legislature passed House Bill (HB) 22, establishing a new state accountability system for measuring the academic performance of districts and campuses. The new system is comprised of three domains: Student Achievement, School Progress, and Closing the Gaps. The overall rating for districts and campuses is determined by a weighted combination of the different domains. While the Closing the Gaps Domain is 30% of the overall district/campus rating, the remaining 70% will come from either the Student Achievement Domain Score or the School Progress Domain Score, as the better of the two will be included in the overall rating.
As part of this new accountability system, districts will receive a rating of A, B, C, D, or F for overall performance, as well as performance in each domain, beginning in August 2018. Campuses will receive A-F ratings beginning in August 2019. HB22 defines the letter grade ratings as follows: A = exemplary performance; B = recognized performance; C = acceptable performance; D = performance that needs improvement; F = unacceptable performance.
CTE Courses aligned to an Industry-Based Certification - Updated April 2019
List of Industry-Based Certifications (for 2019 Accountability)
List of Industry-Based Certifications (for 2021 Accountability, but go into effect in the 2019-20 school year)