- Arrive on time-You need to be seated with your journal before the bell rings. Tardies will be met with detentions, calls home, and referrals to an assistant principal.
- Arrive prepared to learn during the entire period-Bring your AVID binder, pens/pencils, and any other materials needed for the day to class. I dismiss class, not the bell. Do not begin packing up before the bell rings.
- Participate and pay attention!-You will learn more by participating. Pay attention; you cannot learn if you are not listening.
Respect-Others, yourself, the teacher, the right of all to learn. You should be listening when someone is speaking.
My expectations are clear and our main purpose is to learn! Behavior that interferes with our reaching this goal will be met with the following consequences, but not necessarily in this order:
1. Warning 2. Conference with student 3. Conference with parent and student 4. Detention
5. Referred to an administrator