Robert E. Lee High School - Graduation -Class of 2014
May 31st at 4:00 p.m. - Midland College Chap Center
Parents of seniors and early graduates:
We want to congratulate you on the approaching graduation of your son or daughter. Graduation from Robert E. Lee High School is a culmination of years of hard work, dedication and commitment to academics. In addition to this commitment, we recognize the extra efforts that many of our graduates have made over the years as they have represented LHS in co and extra-curricular activities. The Class of 2014 will be the 53rd graduating class of Robert E. Lee High School. We are proud of these students and all that have gone before them. Our students and alumni are who make our “Tradition of Excellence” continue.
· Lee High School classes: The last final exam scheduled for seniors is on May 28th, 2014. All tests and coursework must be completed and submitted at this time; teachers report grades and the graduation list is finalized.
· Correspondence courses must be completed and grades submitted to the counselor by May 1st.
· A+ course must be completed by May 24, 2014 (this is a Saturday and the last day the lab will be open for seniors).
Attendance is required for all students participating in the graduation ceremony. Practice will be on Thursday, May 29th at 1:00 p.m. at the Midland College Chap Center. Students who will not participate in the graduation ceremony need to submit their plans in writing to their counselor no later than May 23rd, 2014.
· In accordance with Fire Code regarding capacity at Midland College Chap Center, each student participating in commencement will receive eight tickets. The tickets will be distributed and signed for by the graduate at graduation practice on May 29th. All fines must be cleared before receiving tickets.
· Families needing additional tickets may submit their request in writing to Robert E. Lee High School, ATTN: Jeanette McNeely, 3500 Neely Ave., Midland,TX 79707, by Friday, April 25, 2014. All efforts will be made to accommodate requests based on ticket availability and compliance with the City of Midland Fire Marshal’s office.
· Commencement exercises will be televised live by KMID Big 2 News.
BEHAVIOR/DRESS (Students will receiveadditional written instructions at practice.)
· Our goal is to promote the proper dignity and decorum for this celebratory, yet formal event. The Midland ISD Board of Education has given explicit instructions to administrators to remove students at any point their behavior is unacceptable. Officers will be on the floor and available to assist with removal of such students.
· Graduation gowns are to be neatly pressed. Girls are to wear dress shoes and dresses of any color. The dress should not show at the neck. Boys are to wear white shirts, dark trousers, dark ties and dress shoes. Flip flops, tennis shoes or running shoes are not acceptable.
· In order to provide an environment where ALL graduates names can be heard, we request that parents and guests hold applause and refrain from cheering.
Students must successfully complete all course requirements for graduation and meet all state testing requirements in order to participate in graduation ceremonies.